Alchemy’s Smoldering Smokey eye!
A smokey eye adds instant drama to any makeup look. Alchemy has made this easy for you to achieve by following these simple steps!
2. Prime the eyes with an eyeshadow base. This brightens the eye area and also helps the eyeshadow to grip and stay longer! It makes the eyeshadow take easy and gives a more professional look.
3. Start by applying the darker shade along the lash line and just underneath the eye using an angle shading brush. We love Red Velvet or Smokey Amethyst for Green or Brown eyes and Mahogany, Graphite or Midnight for Blue eyes. It seems scary using such dark colors but it really does look good on everyone!
4. Using a lighter shade down from the contour color, apply to the middle of the lid going up to the crease. The trick here is to blend using the Blending Brush. This gives the eyeshadow that smokey effect.
5. Next apply the Highlighting shadow such as Twilight, Fusion, Kiss Me, or Sparkle, just below the brow bone. Then, using the Blending Brush, blend the rest of the darker eyeshadow up and over so they blend nicely into each other.
6. Using a Shadow brush, apply a dab of Highlight to the inner corner of the eye, giving you that red carpet look!
7. Now its time to line your lashes using Alchemy's Jet Black Iiner. If you want a softer look you can use Midnight or Iris eye liner. Create a better application and flatter surface by slightly lifting your chin. Starting from the inside corner of the eye, rest the liner against your lashes, softly using a series of short even stroke and work outwards. Let the natural shape of your lash line be your guide.
9. The secret to finishing your smokey eye look is ending with a very subtle nude perfect lip! Making it balanced and in-tune with the rest of the makeup. We have great lip glosses that are nourishing to the lips using only the best natural ingredients and have a hint of color. Bold, dramatic eyes become even more dramatic when paired with a neutral understated lip. We love Kiss me, Entice or Parfait for this look. If you want to define your lips a little use only a nude lip liner. We recommend Heather Pink lip Liner.
You will now see your eyes transformed into a dramatic smokey look! Best of luck and have fun!