What is gua sha?
Gua Sha is a massage technique using a stone to relax & sculpt facial muscles while moving stagnant energy.
What does gua sha do?
Gua Sha helps with circulation and eliminating toxins, resulting in a rosy glow.
What are the benefits?
Softens and prevents fine lines + wrinkles
Lifts + tightens the skin
Reduces dark circles + puffy eyes
Reduces tension, treats TMJ + headaches
Increases the overall health of the skin by carrying nutrient-rich and oxygenated blood to the skin + tissues
Rose Quartz benefits:
Rose quartz has been used for centuries because of its healing, energizing, and detoxifying powers. It's also known to open up the heart chakra to all types of love including self-love. Properties also include lowered stress, bringing happiness + soothing to the soul.
Gua Sha Instructions:
Start with cleansing your hands, skin, and gua sha stone, then apply your facial oil. This will help your gua sha stone glide smoothly over your skin. If it starts to drag or pull on your skin, add a little more oil. With the oil left on your hands, warm up your gua sha tool just slightly.
Glide over each area a minimum of three times. For a longer practice, sweep up to 10 times.
Keep your gua sha stone almost flat to your skin, about 15 degrees.
Use whichever side and shape of the tool best fits your face.
Use slow, light pressure, intentional gliding motions. With each motion support your skin with your hand or a finger so your skin does not drag. Repeat each step on both sides.
Incorporate gua sha into your self care practice as often as you would like, even daily.
- Always start with your neck + remember to keep your tool as flat as possible.
- With the gua sha hugging your spine, glide up the back of your neck into your hairline, wiggle at the top for a gentle massage.
- Using the flat edge of your stone glide up and down the sides of the back of your shoulder and neck.
- Place one hand below your collarbone and glide up with the flat edge of your stone until you meet your jawline.
- Place one hand between your collarbones and with the grooved edge of your stone lightly glide up the center of your neck until you meet your chin.
- Place one finger in the center of your chin, with the grooved edge hugging your jawline, glide outward until you reach your ear then wiggle your tool for a gentle massage.
- Place two fingers beside your mouth, with the flat edge of your stone glide up the cheek toward your ear. Wiggle when you reach your ear for a gentle massage.
- Place your finger under the inner corner of your eye, very lightly glide under the eye, and wiggle when you reach your temple.
- Place your finger between your brows, with the grooves hugging your brow glide upward, then wiggle when you reach the temple.
- Using the flat edge of your stone, glide up over your brow bone and wiggle when you reach into your hairline.
- Glide between your brows over your third eye and wiggle when you reach into your hairline.
- Finish by gliding down the side of your face, behind the ear, and down the neck for the final flush.