Injection Procedure Care
Alchemy Face Bar's Procedure Care for: Botox, Dermal Filler, & Kybella
Injection Therapy Pre-care:
- Do NOT consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
- Do NOT workout for 48 hours prior to treatment
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications, if possible for a period of 2 weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil supplements, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
- Schedule your Dermal Filler and Botox appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event that you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation. Results from the Dermal Filler will take approximately 7 days to appear. Results from Botox injections will take up to 14 days to apprear. Also bruising and swelling may be apparent in that time period.
- Discontinue Retin-A 2 days before and 2 days after treatment.
- Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
- If you have a history of cold sores please let your provider know, they may put you on an anti-viral medication prior to treatment.
- Be sure to eat something before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.
- You may take Arnica tablets 2-3 days prior to your injection to reduce the risk of bruising
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment
BOTOX Post-care: Stay upright for 4 hours. Do not massage injected areas, receive facial or any skincare treatments for two weeks post treatment. Receiving laser services on treated areas at any time can reduce the efficacy of the Botox. Use Arnica Montana post injection (cream or pills) to heal bruising. Add ice as needed.
Followup and touchups: Followup at 2 weeks for effect check, symmetry, appearance. Adjustments can be made to correct any imperfect result. Additional touchup/adjustment is a cost not related to your initial injections.
Common side effects, risks, complications: headache, brief redness, swelling, twitching, numbness, bruising, eyelid or eyebrow droop, unevenness, eye muscle or other distant muscle (respiratory, other) paralysis (very rare).
Dermal Filler Post-care: Swelling and bruising are the two most common and expected post-care reactions to filler therapy. Ice can help with the swelling as needed and you can purchase topical or oral arnica products at most pharmacy and grocery stores. UNEVEN swelling is common and is reflective of tissue reaction and not filler placement. DO NOT TOUCH, PUSH, or MASSAGE the treated area at any time.
It is common for there to be lumps, bumps, uneven swelling and lingering swelling for up to 4 weeks post procedure. It is imperative that you do not touch, push, massage or in any way manipulate the injection site. The injection product can stay pliable for up to 6 weeks, can migrate and can be variable in the result. I understand that these variables are common and may require more filler to adjust to the settlement of the original filler or I may require more filler to achieve my desired results.
Common side effects, risks, complications of dermal filler: bruising, swelling, redness, pain, itching, infection, cold sore outbreak, granuloma (rare).
Kybella Post-care: Swelling and bruising in the treated and extended area is expected. Ice compresses can help with the discomfort of the swelling though its unikely to be effective for the look of it. The swelling can last for 1-3 weeks and will naturally go down. There is no after care do's for Kybella. Let the process take its course.