Lash Extension Aftercare
How to prepare for your lash appointment:
- Avoid waterproof mascara for a minimum of 48 hrs
- Remove any traces of eye makeup with oil-free cleanser the day before
- Shower - you cant get your new lashes wet for 24 hrs
- Avoid caffeine to reduce shakiness.
- Arrive at least 5 minutes before appointment time
- Use the restroom beforehand - you will be laying down for a few hours
- Feel free to bring headphones
Lash Extension Care:
- Avoid getting your lashes wet for the first 24 hrs
- Be gentle, no touching, picking or rubbing your lashes.
- Brush your lashes gently each day
- Avoid heat, sauna, steam + sweating for the first 24 hrs
- Do not use oil based or other strong beauty products around the eye area
- Do not use a lash curler
- Do not sleep on your face
- Use a silk pillow case
- Avoid mascara on lash extensions
- Keep lashes clean by using a lash cleanser 3-5 times weekly. We recommend using Lash Bath and the Clean Swoop brush.
- Rebook fills regularly
To cleanse lashes, dispense Lash Bath into palm of hand and swirl to create a lather or use brush to pick up foam. Apply to eye area and lashes by swooping brush over and under lashes. Run brush under water to rinse product from brush and through lashes to rinse product from eyes. Pat eyes gently with a towel to dry.
Typically every 2 weeks, depending on your hair’s growth cycle, the lash extensions will be filled. A lash fill includes the removal of grown-out extensions, this will prevent breakage due to stress on the natural lash when the extension grows out from the base. Then new lash extensions are applied to regrowth. How you care for your lashes will also influence how long your lash extensions last.
You must have at least 60% of lash extensions retained to be able to book this service. If you do not qualify for a fill due to the percentage of lashes remaining or time since the last lash fill you will be required to book a longer fill or a new set.
- 30 minute: 7-10 days
- 60 minute: 2-3 weeks
- 90 minute: required for 3 weeks +
*New set is required after 4 weeks
Always come to fill appointments with clean lashes
During the change in season, it is normal to see an increase in hair loss on our bodies including our eyelashes. This means faster lash loss and shorter thinner lashes, requiring longer + more frequent fills.
We naturally lose 3-5 lashes per eye per day, during the spring and fall this amount can increase significantly, but typically only lasts a cycle or two.
Other factors that influence retention include:
- How much makeup is worn
- Products used on the extensions
- Sleeping habits
- Oil & excessive heat or humidity
Alchemy Face Bar does not provide refunds but will fix retention issues within 7 days - Alchemy must be contacted immediately to schedule a lash fix.