Post Procedure Care:
- Immediately after the treatment an ice pack, Polysporin, Bacitracin and/or Caladryl lotion can be applied - as there may be a mild swelling or edema. It is normal for the treated area to feel like sunburn for a few hours. Avoid any trauma to the skin for up to 24 hours, such as bathing in very hot water, swimming pool, hot tub or strenuous exercise. Try to keep the treated area dry.
- DO NOT PICK the area - Avoid picking and scratching the treated area to achieve your best results. If any crusting appears you can apply an antibiotic cream. Some practitioner's recommend Bacitracin and/or Caladryl lotion and others prefer an after sunburn gel.
- Makeup may be used 24 hours after the treatment, unless there is any sign of epidermal bleeding. It is recommended to use fresh makeup or a powdered mineral makeup to reduce the possibility of infection.
- You may shower after the treatment with tepid (lukewarm) water. If extensive work has been done on the treated area, you may need to apply Aquaphor or Vaseline when you are in the shower and lightly remove it after bathing. Skin should be patted dry and not rubbed. After 24 hours you can wash the area gently with a mild soap.
- You may experience redness, scabbing and/or slight bruising from 5-7 days after the treatment. Avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for 2-3 weeks and throughout the course of your recommended treatment process. Use sunscreen SPF 25 or higher at all times when going out in the sunlight.
- Avoid tweezing, waxing, bleaching, chemical peels and all laser treatments during the course of the treatment. Do not use irritants such as Retin-A, glycolic's or loofa's until the area has completely healed up.
- Call your ThermoCLEAR professional with any questions or concerns you may have during your treatment.