Going green means choosing environmentally friendly products and lifestyles, which can help protect the environment for our current and future generations. At Alchemy we support the green movement and strive to be green in as many of our practices as possible, while hoping to inspire others to do more in their homes and communities.
We choose to offer products and services that are safe for people and the planet because we believe clean beauty is nature’s magic and our favorite way to rejuvenate. Healthy skin requires healthy skincare and the best way to nourish and illuminate the skin is to feed it nutrient-dense, well-sourced products. Clean products are free of parabens, sulfates, harmful colorants and fragrances, mineral oils, petroleum and other harsh cosmetic chemicals. These are not only bad for you, but they are also bad for the planet.
We take pride in educating ourselves and our staff in clean beauty products, and only bringing in the best for our clients. Today we would like to highlight a few of those.
Clean beauty is quite literally the foundation of Alchemy. Our mineral makeup line was created to provide high quality, nourishing ingredients that are good for your skin - 100% natural, paraben free, sweat and water resistant, anti-inflammatory and reduces irritation and blemishes. You can trust Alchemy Minerals to protect your skin from sun and air pollutants - like a shield that breathes. Our product is mined, designed, manufactured and packaged in America.Eminence Organics Skin Care is a company we stand by for their incredible products and their commitment to finding organic, Earth-friendly solutions in every aspect of business. Their promise is:
“To deliver happiness and extraordinary service by providing the healthiest and most effective skin care products. We are committed to protecting the future of our planet through our green practices - We plant a tree for every product sold.”
With your help Alchemy Face Bar has planted 23,291 trees!
Eminence Organic Skin Care has also initiated a green spa program, where a spa must meet specific environmental criteria to be recognized. We are proud to announce that Alchemy is now a Certified Green Spa!
Learn more here about their company here :
Recently we collaborated with one of our Lead Alchemists, Aubrey, who lives a zero waste lifestyle, on some of the ways we could adopt going (more) green at Alchemy.
Here are a few of the ways we Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. in the Face Bar:
- Using fewer/thinner towels in our services for reducing the amount of laundry
- Ordering fewer disposable products + paper goods
- Using non-toxic, EPA approved cleaning supplies instead of chemical-based products
- Choosing reusable or biodegradable options whenever possible
- Using distilled water taps instead of buying bottles of water
- Providing in-spa recycling Recycling + Compost awareness
Aubrey has inspired us to incorporate some zero waste practices into our own homes and would like to share some of her tips + tricks to reduce some of your carbon footprint at home as well:
- Swap standard plastic sponges and Brillos for machine washable alternatives! Steel wool and copper pot scrubbers can be cleaned in the dishwasher and fabric sponges can be tossed in the washing machine with a load of towels.
- Instead of paper towels opt for fabric baby diapers or just regular terry cloth washcloths. Microfiber cloths are great in this department as well. There are about a million alternatives to paper towels that take up almost no room in the washer and will save you significant cash in the long run. These all fit on a swifter and can be used as cleaning wipes too!
- Minimize products: cleaning products are basically all the same properties in different concentrations. You need a surfactant (suds), polisher (streak free shine), and a disinfectant. So basically you can make every cleaning product in your house out of as little as 3 ingredients. Google will reveal millions of amazing recipes with products such as vinegar, baking soda, alcohol, and castille soap. All easy and cheap to access and much safer for you and the earth. This applies to everything from dish soap to laundry detergent and everything in between.
We hope this encourages you to choose environmentally friendly practices and support green businesses.
Learn more about how to go green with your beauty routine here.
In skin + spirit,