Introducing: Skinpen Microneedling
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation procedure that treats the appearance of fine lines and acne scars while improving the skin’s tone and texture.
The microneedling device causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate the body’s natural wound healing process, which increases collagen and elastin production.
Microneedling with SkinPen:
The SkinPen is the first FDA cleared medical grade microneedling device and treats the following conditions on the face:Sun damage (Dark Spots)
Fine lines and wrinkles
Uneven skin tone
Large pore size
Microneedling is suitable for all skin types and is safe for all ages, although we recommend the treatment for ages 18 years old or older.
✔️ Little to no downtime
✔️ Effective for all skin types, light to dark
✔️ Comfortable experience and ideal any time of the year
✔️ Short procedure time
✔️ Real results from a safe, natural, and minimally invasive procedure
✔️ Clinically proven safe and effective
What should I expect?
The treatment typically takes about an hour, depending on the size and number of areas treated.
Topical numbing cream is applied prior to the procedure for about 15 minutes. The actual procedure typically takes 20-30 minutes.
Generally, clients report feeling just the slight vibration of the SkinPen® during the treatment.
Is there any downtime?
While you may have some redness and swelling (like a mild sunburn) immediately after the treatment, that will fade within 24-48 hours. Some may experience light to moderate flaking on days 3 to 5. The total healing time depends on each individual.
When will I see the results?
Many clients notice healthier looking skin immediately. However, the natural repair process of your own skin continues to progress through the course of several weeks. The damage that has occurred over an extensive period of time won’t disappear immediately. You may not see the final result for up to 3-6 months following your final session. Results can continue to improve up to six months after the treatment, as collagen production continues.
*Individual results will vary.
How many treatments are recommended?
Every client is different, but for optimal results, we recommend a series of 3 treatments spaced four weeks apart. Those looking for a more aggressive correction of scars, large pores, and coarser wrinkles should plan on a series of 6 treatments spaced every 4 weeks.
A customized treatment plan will be based on your individual skin concerns and goals.
Pre Procedure Care & Considerations:
- The treated area may be pink and mildly inflamed (similar to the appearance of a mild sunburn) for 24-48 hours following your SkinPen procedure.
- 24 hours post-procedure, keep your skin clean of cosmetics or sunscreen for the remainder of the day.
- If you are prone to herpes simplex outbreaks, such as cold sores, consult your healthcare provider on ways to treat prior or whether the treatment is appropriate for you.
- If your face or treatment area has irritated skin (sunburn, open wounds, sores) the day preceding your appointment, please contact us before your appointment.
- This treatment may not be performed on active breakouts or open lesions. Please consult your Alchemist prior to your SkinPen treatment to address any such issues.
- Wait at least six months post isotretinoin (Accutane) use before your SkinPen treatment, as isotretinoin use may impair proper wound healing.
- If you have recently used spray or self-tanning lotions on treatment areas before your SkinPen procedure, discuss with your Alchemist.
- Avoid sun exposure for 24 hours prior to the treatment.
- Discontinue the use of topical products containing AHAs, Retinol or Vitamin A for 24 hours prior to your SkinPen treatment.
- If you are on autoimmune therapy, ask your healthcare provider if the treatment is appropriate for you.
- Although not seen in the clinical study, in Fitzpatrick IV-VI, the pigment may darken prior to lightening