Introducing: VI Peel
What is a VI Peel?
A VI Peel is a medium depth chemical peel, consisting of a unique blend of five acids. In a little over a week, clients will see a reduction in fine lines, decreases acne scarring, reduce hyperpigmentation, and a refreshed appearance.
VI Peel is safe and effective on all skin types and can be used on the face, neck, chest, and, back. It is a virtually painless treatment that requires no skin preparation and has little downtime.
The VI Peel will gently remove the top layers of unhealthy, dead skin. This allows newer, healthier skin to show, leaving a brighter, firmer, younger-looking appearance.
What are the benefits of a VI Peel?
- Improve the tone, texture, and clarity of the skin.
- Reduce or eliminate age spots, freckles, and hyperpigmentation, including melasma.
- Soften fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce acne and scarring from acne.
- Stimulate the production of collagen, for firmer, more youthful skin.
What should I expect?
The treatment typically takes about 30 minutes.
The VI Peel is not painful; combined with a numbing ingredient, discomfort is reduced. Clients may feel a warm, tingling sensation for the first two to three minutes of application, but this will quickly subside.
Once the VI Peel has been applied by the Alchemist, clients are free to return home. The peel will need to remain on the skin for at least four hours, at which time it can be washed off. Additional aftercare products, designed to enhance the peeling process, will be given to the client. SPF 30 sunscreen should be worn daily to protect the skin as it heals.
Is there any downtime?
Initially, after clients wash the VI Peel from their face, the skin may appear red and slightly swollen, like a mild sunburn. This is normal and will resolve over the first 24 hours. Clients should expect the recovery from a VI Peel to take about seven days. After the first two to three days, the skin will begin to peel, lasting up to four days.
Vigorous exercise or strenuous activities should be avoided for the first 72 hours, as the resulting sweat could potentially alter the VI Peel’s results.
When will I see the results?
Many clients will see significant results with just one treatment. Peeling typically lasts 7 days and results are generally seen within a week once peeling has subsided. However, continued improvement to the skin may be seen even months after a treatment.
*Individual results will vary.
How many treatments are recommended?
A customized treatment plan will be based on your individual skin concerns and goals.
For optimal results generally, a series of 3-4 treatments are recommended. However, the number of treatments required will depend on each patient’s individual level of skin correction needed. Treatments are generally performed once every 4 weeks and maintenance treatments are generally recommended every 3 months to help prevent aging of the skin.
What contraindications are there to VI Peel?
- Aspirin Allergy
- Use of Isotretinoin (Accutane) in the past 6 months.
- Active cold sores or herpes or shingles in or around the treatment area.
- Immune disorders
- Phenol allergy
- Inflamed skin with open wounds in the treatment area.
- Liver conditions
- Chemotherapy or radiation in the past 6-12 months.
Pre Procedure Care:
- For the week leading up to your treatment, you’ll be asked to stop using prescription retinoids as well as any products that contain alpha-hydroxy acids, like glycolic acid; beta hydroxy acids, like salicylic acid; or benzoyl peroxide.
- You’ll also need to avoid waxing, electrolysis, depilatory creams, and laser hair removal for a week before the procedure.
- These ingredients and treatments can temporarily weaken the integrity of the skin’s protective barrier and make skin more prone to burning and irritation.
Post Procedure Care:
- Use only the kit of VI Products during the next 7 - 10 days. If you run out use a gentle non-retinol / acid cleanser/moisturizer.
- During the time before and after you start peeling; do not excessively soak treated areas. This will cause premature peeling.
- Avoid sunlight as much as possible during the peeling phase. Always use SPF of 30 or higher daily.
- Do not have any facial treatments (even waxing) for at least 2 weeks after you have finished peeling.
- Do not use anything on your face that is likely to burn or sting.
- Refrain from forcing or peeling the skin as it can cause scarring. The skin will slough when washed morning and night.
- Refrain from activities for 72-96 hours that can induce excessive perspiration which can lead to blistering or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
Allow VI Peel to provide you with tips and tricks following your custom VI Peel. We will provide you with step-by-step instructions on what to do and how to maintain your beautiful skin. Keep Glowing!